10 November, 2016
Vegan Banana Cake Recipe
• 2 cups all-purpose/bread flour
• 1.5 teaspoon baking soda
• 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
• 3/4 teaspoons salt
• 3/4 cup caster raw sugar(may reduce if banana is too riped/sweet)
• 1/2 cup light vegetable oil (I use extra light olive oil)
• 1 1/3 cup of water
• 2 teaspoons vanilla essence (you may substitute some portion of vanilla essence with banana essence if you like stronger banana smell or if the banana you use is too small and does not give strong banana smell)
• 4 riped big bananas
• 2.5 tablespoon vinegar / apple cider / fresh lemon juices
1. Preheat Oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit / 160 degree celsius.
2. Sift dry ingredients – flour/sugar/baking soda/salt/baking powder (Repeat for at least 3 times to get better texture.)
3. Mix the rest in separate bowl except vinegar – i.e. water/banana (mashed)/vanilla essence.
4. Pour liquid mixture to flour mixture, whisk till all mix well (whisk gently and not too long).
5. When Oven is about ready, add in vinegar and mix.
6. Pour batter into a 8″ or 9″ baking tray (oil the inside of baking tray and 1 layer of flour on top of the oil)
7. Put in oven and bake for 40mins.
8. Check the cake by using a toothpick to pierce into the center of the cake. If it turns out dry, your cake is done. If it is too soft and still wet, bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit/150 degrees celsius for another 10 mins.
9. Leave Cake to cool.
Enjoy this yummy cake 🙂